• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Whats wrong? Constant Urination

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
I think this is the correct place to put this. Lately, I have been urinating a lot at night when im laying down. Today and I BARELY drank anything, i drank 1 odwalla smooth bottled drink. And one sip of water. That was it. And I even threw up pretty much all of the smoothie I had because I took 750mg of Lyrica, shit was intense.

But anyways Its been like this tthe past couple nights. What could it be? What should I do? Should I keep a watch on my urination and if things are odd, go to the doctor?

UTI, diabetes, all sorts of stuff.

I'd say go to a doctor. Don't stop drinking water though.

UTI, diabetes, all sorts of stuff.

I'd say go to a doctor. Don't stop drinking water though.

I dont think its Diabetes, no one in my family has that, i am 19 years old male and im a in very good health and my body is fit as well.

Can't tell over the internet.
Prostate, new diet, kidney stones, who knows?

I dont think its Diabetes, no one in my family has that, i am 19 years old male and im a in very good health and my body is fit as well.
you don't have to have family history to develop type 1 diabetes. frequent urination, weight loss, and thirst are common symptoms. if left untreated, high blood sugar from type 1 diabetes can put you in a coma and kill you. please go to the doctor and get a blood test just to find out exactly what's going on.
best of luck to you.
-izzy

Are you using opioids? When urinary retention is severe it prevents you from being able to piss at all but when its not quite as bad, it makes you piss constantly because you aren't completely emptying your bladder.

When I was taking opioids all the time for chronic pain, this was a common occurrence. As if having a cane isn't bad enough, I was pissing as much as a golf fan who just received his AARP card.

Assuming you weren't using opioids prior to this incident, the most likely scenario is that you have some kind of urinary tract infection. I'd recommend seeing your doctor and getting yourself checked out, just to rule out something more serious (and to treat the infection, if that is what it is.)

Diabetes insipidus is a disorder of the pituitary or odd kidney response to pituitary hormones that can cause symptoms like you describe. It isn't blood sugar or pancreas related like diabetes mellitus . Drugs can cause stuff like this. The free flowing pee of drinking alcohol is because while alcohol is increasing in the system antidiuretic hormone release from the pituitary stops.

See a Doctor. It could easily be something else. Just in case the possibility of D. insipidus scares you, it is very treatable, often just requires the use of a nasal spray.

What should I do? Should I keep a watch on my urination and if things are odd, go to the doctor?

Yep dude, go and see a doctor.
And, as amapola said, please do not stop drinking water. Even though you're urinating frequently, your body still needs at least 2L (half a gallon) intake of water every day in order to function properly.

Go to the doctor and make sure you don't have something like diabetes insipidus or diabetes mellitus.

Enki said:
See a Doctor. It could easily be something else. Just in case the possibility of D. insipidus scares you, it is very treatable, often just requires the use of a nasal spray.

If you don't like the idea of a nasal spray, D. insipidus can also be treated with desmopressin acetate (DDAVP) pills.